From:
Howard Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:41:44 -0300
My customers bring lots of computer equipment from the USA.  Here in Brazil,
we have 110 volts in the south and 220 in the north.  The hardware vendors
are making a killing selling converters!  (they still sell thousands of
these glass monitor display covers to "protect your eyes from radiation"
too) It always amazes my clients when I show them the little switch on the
back of the computer power supply.  It also is nice to look at the backs of
computer monitors..  they all seem to convert voltage automatically 110-220.
To be safe, always check the printers and other hardware like USB power
blocks for compatability.  Other than the way the device plugs in the wall,
I think you will have no problems running USA bought parts in England.
Howard Rubin in Fortaleza, Brazil

Original post: