From:
Ryo Imamura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 13:25:18 -0800
I have been offered an upgrade to a 56K modem from my current 28.8
modem.  My company has offered the alternative of paying the installation
cost for a cable modem through the cable TV company.  I would have to pay
the $40 monthly charge out of my own pocket though.  Just wondering what
way to go.  I am on the Web a lot but do very little downloading of
software.  Sometimes the waiting to reach a website is irritating but
think it is often due to congestion on the Internet or my ISP.  I have
heard that cable modem connections can be buggy because they are so new.
Perhaps waiting a year until they work out the bugs and the cost
goes down would be better.

Ryo Imamura

                                  -----