Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 13:41:11 -0600
Why are you considering the switch?  Knowing this might help in
reccomendations.
I've had virtually no problems with internal modems, despite their reputation
for being problematic, and if the cost savings isn't a good enough reason,
then what about the "clutter" factor?

Anyway, just something to think about.  Back to the topic at hand, I've had
excellent results with Hayes modems, and USR seem to be trouble free also.

Glen Sagers

List <[log in to unmask]> =====
>I have for some time now been considering the switch to a external modem. I
have heard good things about Zoom and Hayes. I have heard mixed about US
Robotics and some awful things about 3com. But that is from just a few people.
Throw your opinions at me, even if you dislike
>external modems. My girlfriend promised me a new modem for Xmas so I figure I
will get some well informed opinions ( that is where you come in ). I tried to
get one from her that cost about $300 bucks and work wireless but she said no.
I believe my budget on this will be $100. So
>Xmas my not be so bad this year. I am running it on a win98se OS.
>Thanks,
>Brendhan Horne
>
>                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
>                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>