From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2003 13:21:09 -0600
At 12:24 PM 5/23/2003, Ricky Barnett wrote:
>I have a network problem.I have 4 computers, 3 running 98 and 1 running XP
>Professional.All of them are on the internet though a hub.I have the Computer
>Name,Computer Description and work in all of them. I ran the network wizard on the XP
>frist, then ran the floppy on the rest of them,and the 3 running 98 are all networked
>and I can see all of them from anyone of the ones running 98. But XP shows just itself
>any thouths to what could be wrong Thank a lot for the help.

One of the common errors in setting up a new system on a network is
the failure to share devices on the new system, such as your WinXP
PC.  Go back and be sure you have at least set your hard drive to share
on the WinXP machine and that you have file sharing engaged in the properties
area of your Network Neighborhood.  Otherwise, the network sees the PC
and has no other place to connect, as you have reported.

    Bob Wright
The NoSpin Group
http://freepctech.com - http://nospin.com

.