From:
"gary r. tennesen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 05:16:41 -0800
  The Packard Bells that I have upgraded in the past have been pretty
compatible as far as RAM, hard drives and CPUs.  You will need to check the
board limits for memory and CPU before you purchase your parts because some
boards only accepted up to 64mb RAM and/or a 133mhz CPU.

I have used EDO SIMMs and in some cases, I believe I was able to upgrade
PBell Pentiums with a single SIMM rather than a pair!

The IBM line is the name brand computer that has caused me great grief!
Unless they have changed their ways, the 486 models were almost entirely
proprietary.

gary r. tennesen