Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:44:01 -0800
Jo Stratton wrote:
>A regular, routine scan by Norton 2005 found these files on my computer:
>conscorr.exe, MultiMpp.dll, and PreInMpp.exe.  Norton's message to me after
>trying to delete them was "Deletion failed."

> Norton's message to me after trying to delete them was "Deletion failed."

The deletion would fail due to the fact the Trojan disables anti-virus and
spyware removal tools.

> conscorr.exe

The following information is provided by Win Tasks and I quote;
conscorr - conscorr.exe - Process Information
Process File: conscorr or conscorr.exe
Process Name: TrojanDownloader.Win32.Stubby.c

consol32.exe is registered as the TrojanDownloader.Win32.Stubby.c
downloader. This process usually comes bundled with a virus and it's main
role is to do nothing other than download other viruses to your computer. It
is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately.

The information is correct however, it's a commercial.

>MultiMpp.dll
http://www.anti-spy.info/process/multimpp.dll.html
According to the good folks at the above site this little file does the
following and I quote, MultiMPP is a software development company. It's an
ad targeting application that helps advertisers deliver targeted ads.
"Targeted ads as in POP-UPS...

PreInMpp.exe

I wasn't able to find anything specific about this other than it is part of
the Three Musketeers that are infecting your computer. I did a Google search
and came up with a grip of forum articles but didn't have time to do a real
in depth search as I always do.

In any case, Russ did give some suggestions as to possibly removing these
little critters.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers