From:
Eric Outten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 23:59:14 -0800
Apologies if this has been resolved:

If I am getting the corect understanding from my reding of this thread,
you might profit from checking the inside of the connector for bent
pins.  CAREFUL straightening of bent pins can restore them.  However
they will lose some of their durability in the process due to the "metal
fatigue" caused by bending and unbending.  The next careless insertion
could break one or two off.

Eric

--
Eric R. Outten 773-978-3478 "typito ergo sum"
[log in to unmask] - Oh! Electronic Solutions, Inc.