From:
Dean Kiley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 09:06:26 -0500
I just did such a job... all that is needed to do is to install the mobo and
connect the hard drive(s) in the same configuration. The BIOS will
automatically detect the drives and access any existing OS on them.
I found replacing a motherboard incredibly simple, and there was ablolutely
no loss of any information whatsoever. The first time the mobo is powered
up, Windows will discover any onboard video and audio changes and try to
update all the drivers... then just drop the mobo driver utility disk into
the cd drive and in a short time, you're a hero!

Good luck... My job took me approximately 1 hour.

HTH... Dean Kiley