From:
Timchenko Maxim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:11:27 +0300
Hi Robert,

  You shouldn't worry. Most good firewalls install themselves somewhere
between the drivers (I can't be more specific because it is different per
firewall. For example AtGuard loads its module right after network card
driver) and therefore they filter the traffic from the very beginning.

  What you see is that the "user interface" of the firewall loads itself
as any other program -- from the Startup group or from the registry, late
in the boot-up process. While you don't see the firewall UI running yet,
the backend is already working.

Yours,

<> Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
<>

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002, Robert Lendrim wrote:

> My PC is connected to the internet via a USB cable modem.
> I use Sygate software firewall. When the computer is booting,
> the activity light on the modem is flashing before the firewall loads.
> If so, would a hardware firewall be better ?

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml