Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:34:01 +0000
Dave,
Did you reseat the USB dongle, unplugging for at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in.
Sometimes gravity, dust or oxidation, will not seem like the culpurit. But, it might be a player, in your situation.
I had an issue with my wired USB keyboard, tried rebooting, no joy.
Reseated the plug for the keyboard, has been working for the last six months.
Seems to me that you're half way to answering your own question; your USB isn't dead.
Tim

From: Dave <[log in to unmask]>

                          http://freepctech.com