From:
Eric Maquiling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 09:02:15 -0700
Friday, Westly Montroos gathered electrons and wrote:

> Hi,
>
> changing some settings. But if you log in as guest,
> the user is not able to print a document, and only one
> computer is sharing its printer,

Make sure all the sharing settings are correct for this printer.  Also,
make sure that the "guest" account has the same password on each machine.
Ona workgroup setting, if you are using resources on the other machine,
the 2K machines makes an IPC$ connection to the resources with the
userid/password of the source machine and sees if it is the same as the
userid/password on the other machine.  In other words, the print(server)
will print stuff to a guy name guest/mypassword and since it doesn't
belong to a domain, a guy named guest/mypassword on machineA is the same
guy.

> computer is not able to see the shared printer. Is

Well, you mean see as in "network neighborhod"?  Can you see the computer
in network neighborhood?

> Okay, five computers have to go online, but there are
> only three ip addresses.

You should be able to add another NIC card to the machine and in TCP/IP
properties somewhere (I'm not on my W2K box right now) there should be a
setting for IP FORWARDING.  But if you've never done this, you might want
someone to help you out with the hardware and the settings.  The other
machines will probably have to have different IP settings that is either a
class A, B or C.  It really depends on the IP addressess you have now on
the machines.  Which means, that you "assign" the IP of the other boxes to
soemthing like 10.1.10.x or 192.168.10.x.  But again, if you've never done
this, the learning curve is high but a worthwile project if you want to
learn this.

> Is there a way to share the ip address of one computer
> with windows 2000 with a second one? But it has to

No.

> possible, because English is not my main language.

I thought you explained everything pretty good.

If you want to undertake the project, you can email me offline as this
thread could get very big.

Eric "emaq" Maquiling.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml