From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 10:00:48 -0600
At 09:48 PM 10/09/1999 , Reinaldo Rodriguez wrote:
>Can anybody help me find a sound driver for an AZT3001 plug and play card.
>Its from a Hewlett Packard Vectra 525. Its driving me crazy trying to get it
>to work.

I do not envy you this problem.   The sound card you are attempting
to use is a Modem/Sound card that HP used a great deal at one
time and they are VERY problematic...  in at least one case I
pulled one of these cards and replaced it with a regular modem
and separate sound card, because the time I invested to make it
work became ridiculous and I knew my client would never be
satisfied with the problems that kept arising.   You will need this
driver, downloaded from HP:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/personal_computing/software/senx1us.exe

Although the policy of The NOSPIN Group is to never criticize or
denigrate anyone's computer or components, I will make this exception
from my antidotal experience...   that card is not worth the time you
will spend attempting to make it work, especially considering that
basic 16bits sound card are now available for under $20...  this is
just not a good card for a plug-N-play environment.

                 Bob Wright
        The NOSPIN Group, Inc
http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org

                            The NOSPIN Group