Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:43:58 -0500
I also have SBC DSL and yes they do still let you renew your contract. I
just renewed for another year at $29.95 a month. I have two desktops and a
laptop and a Playstation 2 all wired to a Dlink router and all the computers
can be online at the same time without any noticeable effect on speed. In
just over a year I have only had one problem with service. My DSL was out
for about 12 hours but I could still connect using the included dial up.
Come to find out there was a car wreck that took out one of SBC's main lines
and that is why the DSL was out. My brother has Adelphia cable and he has
all kinds of slow downs. It's not as slow as dial up far from it but I don't
think it is anywhere near as good as DSL. Just my 2 cents.

Larry Knox