From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 12:40:31 -0700
I'm not sure why you would want two "separate" connections.  But, though I
haven't ever attempted it, I would assume you could do so without trouble.
Just as a computer can have four or five modems and get dial-ins, there's no
reason you couldn't do the same going out.

I have what is referred to as a "shotgun" setup on my system.  I have two
modems, two phone lines, and a multilink account with my ISP.  Using
multilink requires either Windows 98 (the Windows 98 DUN includes the
multilink option), or if running 95, a third party program.  I dial-up on
the first modem, it authenticates, then the second modem dials up and shares
the connection.  It's faster, but not as fast as I wish it was.  Thankfully
my DSL should be set up by the end of the month.

Does this answer your question?  Repost if not.  I have played around with
this a lot.

Kyle Elmblade

Look for great prices and selection of electronics equipment
at www.distinctelectronics.vstoreelectronics.com

dial up account. What else do I need to set it >up so I can surf
independently TIA

>Dan

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html