From:
Donald Rex Gaither <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 09:33:50 -0500
>According to the manual I need two 4 meg SIMMS specified as 1MX36
>single density SIMM modules. I bought two 4 meg, parity 30 pin SIMMS
>(4MX9) and the pin arrangement doesn't seem to match my mother board
>and I sent them back. The new SIMMS had one row of 30 pins, and the
>mother board looks like it needs a SIMM with two in line pin segments with

>36 pins in each segment with a small space(about 1/4") between the two pin

>segments. At this point I'm thoroughly confused and my questions are.
>       1. Did I do the right thing in sending the SIMMS back?
>       2. Are there different configs of 30 pin SIMMS?
>       3. If the answers to 1 & 2 are affirmative, where can I get SIMMS
for my
>          board?

Hi,
     I do not know this board, but I will try to answer based on past
experiences using the info you have given.

1)Yes, you did the right thing.
2)I have seen different configurations of 30 pin SIMMS, but I don't think
that is what you have.
3)It sounds like you need 72 pin SIMMS.  These SIMMS match the design you
specify and all 1X36 I have seen have been 72 pin.  Was the 30 pin by any
chance significatly shorter than the slots?  If so, you definately need 72
pin.

HTH,
Donald Gaither