From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2008 10:50:04 -0700
Microsoft has/had a program that you could download for free that would
check a computer for its ability to handle Windows XP. If still offered,
you may want to use it to assure that your computer is able to meet the
minimum requirements to satisfactorily use XP. If the program finds
deficiencies, it will indicate them to you.

I would not be concerned about one program indicating you have a 500mhz
CPU and another program indicating 501mhz. A 0.2% difference is within
the tolerance of measurement programs. Different programs show slight
variations in my CPU speed without any effect on the computer"s operation.

Tom

Henry Adams wrote:
> I have a pc with a Asus p5a,motherboard this system was,upgrade from window millennium to windows xp home edition.it has a 500mhz
> AMD k6-2 w/3d now processor, after the upgrade was completed the MHz on the processor changed to 501mhz.does this mean I needs to
> upgrade my processor also? if it does,what is the next AMD processor that I can use.the clock speed is 100mhz

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml