From:
johnfarrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:45:23 -0700
Eric,
   In your situation, did you have any parameters specifically set so
that the Swap file would not be copied?...Or is this automatic.

I have seen some comments relating to setting the " Let ME manage the
swap file " before on this discussion.

Might add this is a very interesting subject!!!.

Thanks.......John

> Just to add to the discussion on this:  I unfortunately had to use the xcopy
> richkey today to copy a large failing hard drive to a smaller drive.  It worked
> great but one other thing xcopy doesn't copy is the Windows Swap file.
>
> In my case I was trying to compare the data on the two drives and didn't
> realize at first that the swap file was missing from the "slave" drive.
>
> As many of you know, it doesn't *need* to be copied as it regenerates itself
> when Windoze 9x boots anyway.  Just something to keep in mind.
>
> Eric

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html