From:
Nick Torraca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 17:06:43 -0500
Hello all,
I am trying to help a friend with a new motherboard install. From what I
understand the 333 MHz AMD K6-2 should run at a bus speed of 95 MHz and the
cpu clock multiplier set to 3.5X. This system will not run with these
settings. I get all sorts of read errors from the HD, CD and floppy. I
cannot complete an install of Windows 95. If I lower the bus speed to 66mhz
and set the cpu clock multiplier to 5X, the system appears to works fine. I
have one other problem that I haven't looked into that may or may not be
related: The onboard IDE controller is in DOS compatibility mode and I can't
load the Tyan drivers.
Thanks in advance for any info that you can share. -Nick

The system is:
Tyan Trinity AT100 S1590S motherboard bios v1.12b 082098
AMD k6-2 333mhz
1 strip of PC100 memory,  32mb
Only card in system is video Diamond Stealth 3d 2000
Maxtor 1.6g hard drive

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]