From:
Andrew S <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 17:10:30 -0400
Below is a message from one of my friends...she is having computer problems and I can't figure out what the problem is.

Thanks,
Andrew Shriner

OK, here's the problem I've been pulling my hair out over the last five
days.  I've installed a network between me and my husband's machine. Got it
working and it's been great. (Netgear SB104)   But since I did not have
Win98 v2  we could not do modem sharing and that's what we wanted also. I
tried a freeware program for modem sharing and it messed my puter and took
me a day to get back to normal.  So I ordered Win98 V2 update from
Microsoft. It came Monday  and I installed it....what a mess, I started
getting hang-ups with Systray not responding  right away. Also lost my
sound. I spent 6 hours with Microsoft Techs (at my LD expense) in two
separate phone calls and got nowhere!  But I still had the network, so I
sent all my files (I thought) to Hubby's machine and did a restore (Compaq
Presario 5030) so I could get rid of all the problems. And things seemed to
be running great....no hang-ups. I put back just the programs I needed to be
functional...no virus program and no firewall.  So then I re-installed Win98
V2 update. Bam...systray crashes again (usually when I try to execute
things....but not always!) I've also been getting an OSD not responding.
This time I have lost my machine on the network, I can get into his, but he
can't get into mine, and my sound is there but the slider stays and the
bottom and reverts to the bottom  when I change it and close! This time I
did get the modem sharing software to run (last time I couldn't) but then
hubby can't access mine so we don't know for sure if it's running.  I am
ready to scream!!! Any one have a similar experience and/or know what to do?
Lee Rhodes

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions