From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2008 06:33:56 -0500
My two most recent builds used the 775 socket (QX9650, Asus mb), and I had a bit of a problem installing the fans, too.

The first, went right in.  After I took it out and moved everything to another case, it did not do so well.  The other was difficult
from the start.

My advice is to press down diagonally on the buttons.  Also, use a pair of short screwdrivers to press with, so that your fingers
don't get in the way, and you can get some leverage.

Just keep trying different ways.

I seriously doubt that the pieces don't actually fit - they are just hard to push in at the same time.  You need four fingers that
are thin, strong, and properly arranged.  :)

Eventually, I got mine in. I think that this is just a poor design that results from an attempt to keep the motherboard small and
inexpensive.

Computers are such fun to build when all goes together easily and such a pain when parts don't fit together easily!!

Good luck, Rick

Dean Kukral