From:
Robert Lendrim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 10:49:19 -0500
I have an external FAT32 USB drive which connects to my primary Win XP Pro
NTFS computer. It will also connect to two older Win 98SE FAT32 computers.
To avoid drive confusion, I would like to have this USB drive appear as U:
in all three computers. If I rename it U: while it is attached to my
primary computer, and later attach it to another computer, will the U:
designation follow it to the other computer? If not, can I designate it as
U: in the other computers? Are there any problems or dangers associated
with doing this? Thanks, Bob Lendrim