From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 23:07:24 -0400
Even if your hard drive is bad, if your mobo is working OK you should be able to change the boot order and boot from a floppy.  I think the problem is much more serious in that your mobo has failed.  You might want to spend a few bucks to have it tested.

Dianne <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hmmm,
>I am getting very frustrated, and don't quite know what to do next.  I
>removed all the connectors, the cd, hard drive and floppy and dvd.  The
>computer gave me the message that I should "insert the boot diskette into
>a:"  So I reconnected the a: drive, and put the boot disk in, back to same
>old Invalid system disk message.  So I got another a drive from another
>computer and got the same message.  The lights were on on both the a:
>drives, by the way.
>I cant get into safe mode because the computer will not take me to an A:
>prompt.
>I then disconnected the HD and connected it into an old computer.  Nothing
>happens, not even an error message.  BUT.....I am not sure about the mother
>board in the machine I tested it in.  The HD is a Samsung SpinPoint SV0484H.
>I am afraid of trying the hard drive in my own computer, as I don't want to
>mess around with it, it has all my work in it.  Any suggestions.  Would I be
>better to take it in and have it diagnosed somewhere?
>Dianne

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: