From:
Dave Souza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 1998 13:13:23 -0400
Perry,

You've experience a hardware failure.  The data is probably still there, but
you won't be able to get to it, unless you wish to try a data recovery
company.

Is this a Western Digital model AC31600?  If so, WD may replace it for free.

Western Digital AC31600s have experienced greater than normal failure rates
and WD is offering free replacements.  They don't state whether they will
honor the free replacement if the drive is out of warranty, but it may be
worth a shot.

Check out this URL for more info:

http://www.wdc.com/products/ac31600-quality.html

Take Care,