Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 13:42:51 +1200
Hallelujah!  At last I've found someone else with the same problem.  I've
been asking this same question on the net for about 2 years, so far, without
a resolution.

It's annoying, isn't it?  Like me, you obviously want to go into DOS
occasionally
but when you get there, the drive, or partition, has become non-dos and
disappeared.

I believe this problem is way more widespread than you might think - it's
probably that not too many folk use DOS.

About the only workaround that I can suggest is to select Start, Shutdown
and Restart in DOS.  This will still have the drive visible as Primary DOS,
but it isn't true DOS.

Jim, if you ever find a solution for this, please let me know.
TIA

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand

From: "Jim Cook" Subject: [PCBUILD] Hard Drive Partition

Hello,

     I have a customer who has a problem with his hard drive.  While
checking the drive I ran FDISK to check the partition.  The partition (there
is only one) had been changed somehow to a non DOS partition.  My question
is, can I change this back to a DOS partition like it is susposed to be?
The operating system is Windows 98.  I was going to try to get the important
information off the hard drive it will not finish loading the operating
system and the drive is not recognized by the operating system when is is
configured as a slave.  (it is recognized in the BIOS)

Thank you
Jim Cook
J&J Computers

                     visit our download web page at: