From:
Drew Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 16:04:01 -0700
I tend to agree.  Intel, however, seems to be in favor of eliminating the
ISA bus.  I spoke to an engineer there who told me that they were working on
motherboards that used only PCI slots.  I assume that they intended to use
some sort of external modem, perhaps a USB device.  I suppose that one of
those DSP modem/sound card units could be an alternative on the PCI bus, but
after dealing with IBM M-Wave devices, that would be a headache of
tremendous proportions, I think.

Drew Dunn