From:
Michael Eisenstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:26:03 -0600
Michael,

I just went through this process so perhaps I can help you
troubleshoot it.

First you must enable the speaker in your system
so you can hear the codes that it throws. (parenthetically
I was unable to do this until I noticed a tiny thingamabob
which came with the case. When inserted on the correct
pins on your motherboard, it turns out to be a tiny speaker).

If your system beeps continuously, your RAM is bad
(as mine was). The Asus support guy diagnosed this
over the phone.

With the RAM replaced, my board beeped once and
POSTed. In any case, the beeps you hear will be the
key to the problem.

Hope this helps.

Michael Eisenstadt