From:
Dave Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 14:03:01 -0500
I do that at home since the phone company got wise to people running
multiple IPs on one DSL connection.  I'm not sure what you would use for 98
or 95.  Winserver or something, I use Win2000.  You put 2 nic cards in one
machine and 1 in the other.  Connect the modem to one and the other computer
to the other.  It will see the other as a workstation and use an IP like
127.0.0.0 for the other card.  In the 2nd computer, this is the IP you use
for the gateway and both should see the internet sharing the one IP from the
ISP.  I may not have explained it that well, but it's close.

Dave Jones