From:
Robert Prickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 05:47:35 GMT
I had 64mb of EDO RAM on an Asus P55T2P4, AMD K6/2-400 [win95 OSR2]
and it was great.  I exchanged it for 128mb of the same 60ns EDO--from
a reputable dealer--and it's terrible.  Speed is okay--tests fine, but
I lose resources badly.  I will run things then close them, and
resources do not even come closer to recovering.  Also, I used to open
a half dozen different simultaneous versions of Netscape [so I could
keep browsing around] and open Java, etc, going from page to page, and
my resource meter never dropped below 40%. Now, with 128mb, it drops
to 30% with just 3 versions of NS, and then drops even lower and does
not recover.

I have included the TAG RAM to run above 64mb of RAM, and all tests
show the new RAM is working fine.  Very good test results in fact.
But it doesn't work fine at all.

Any ideas?

Small Claims Recovery &
Windows 95 Crisis Help at