From:
tannis zamora <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 12:26:36 -0500
Hi Maxi Stubbs,

I think your question is in regards to the printing feature not the
machine itself if I am reading it correctly.  The printer you asked
about says that it will do

"Direct printing onto CDs and DVDs with an ink jet-printable surface;
convenient front-loading tray for quick, easy access"

This is a new feature and the CDRS and DVDS have to be ones that
specifically state that they have "INK JET PRINTABLE SURFACE".  Staples
or Office Max or any Computer Supply store should be able to help you
find the right CDRS or DVDS that meet that criteria.

As to the printer itself, that is a NEW FEATURE on the ALL IN ONES that
is coming out and EPSON is one of the first ones to offer the feature of
printing directly onto the disks.  There is a special built tray for the
disks in order to print on them.

Hope this helps.   tannis zamora

Maxi Stubbs wrote:

>I have to buy a new printer, & need your help. Best Buy has an, Epson Stylus Photo R300 Printer for 179.99 It says prints directly on ink jet printable CD's & DVD's in color. Does anyone have experience with printers that have this feature? Are certain CD's & DVD's not printable?
>
>Thank you,
>Maxi
>
>         PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download
>                     visit our download web page at:
>                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com