From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:37:11 -0600
As far as I know, these are likely to be non-parity SIMMs.  From what I
understand from years ago, 30-pin SIMMs are interchangable between PCs and
Macs as long as there is an option in the BIOS of the PC to disable parity
checking or the PC has no circuitry to enable parity checking.  If you use
parity SIMMs in a Mac, it will just ignore the extra bits.

Check your BIOS setup for an option to disable parity and try turning it
off.  Your PC should continue to work even if you have parity SIMMs
installed if I am correct.

> From: Michael Eisenstadt <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: [PCBUILD] will 30-pin SIMMs from a Mac work in a PC?
> Date: Wednesday, February 24, 1999 10:15 AM
>
> Someone has offered to sell me 16Mb 30-pin SIMMs from
> a Mac.  Would this work?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html