From:
Jeffrey Madore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 22:51:52 -0500
Greetings all,

I am currently involved in a long term project of restoring audio tapes, and
then producing multiple copies of the resulting CD's. I now have a pair of
TDK burners (40x and 48x) that seemed to function with the provided software
(nero) for a while. Their operation soon went from unstable to nonfunctional
in the simultaneous burn mode. After reading the fine print I found that I
needed to send more money to Nero to gain multiple burner (2) support. The
price for more than 2 burner support was considerably higher yet.

I recently tried CDmate which produced very consistent results but operated
slower. Using two burners doubled the time of the burn. This may be because
the burners are not exactly matched.

What I would like to end up with is a system with 4 maybe 6 burners that
will write simultaneously. I assume I will need some sort of an IDE
controller card to support this hardware? I would also like to use one or
both of my TDK burners in the array if possible.

Since this a charity job I need to keep the cost down, so would appreciate
any suggestions along that line.

My current system is [log in to unmask], Asus P4S8X, 512MB, 40G WD, Win XP.

Thanks for any assistance,

Jeff Madore - K1LE - CT ><>

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com