Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 00:04:08 -0400
In regard to Carroll Grigsby statement about MS security updates.
I'm a 98 user and plan to stay that way until I learn Linux.

My question is: What security has MS offered? I ask this in a sarcastic way because I think MS is a road block in Operating system advancement.

Almost all of its flawed, unstabled OS's from 3.1 to XP have been corrected by technicians out side of the Microsoft domain and with little support from the arrogrant B.Gates monopoly.

With a good fire wall like Zone Alarm and a good virus checker, I don't think one has to worry about MS security support which has always been after the fact and solved by more superior techs.
 Mike Michel

--- On Thu 09/11, Carroll Grigsby wrote:
Subject: Re: MS "End Of Life" cycle

One key point that has not been mentioned in the other responses is that Microsoft will not be furnishing security updates once the end of life has been reached. Thus anyone who chooses to run an obsolete version will be at considerable risk, particularly if the system has direct access to the Internet.
Regards,Carroll Grigsby