From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 19:58:06 -0800
At 09:20 AM 2/6/2006, you wrote:
><In fact, when recording TV, you will get a far better result if
>you use your cable box, particularly, a digital cable box, through <Line
>In> on your capture card.>

Using a digital Cox cable box, ported through S-Video <In>, Audio RL
<In>,   will produce a greatly superior picture, to using the on board
tuner found on a video card, PCI TV Card, or USB device. This is because
the turner quality isn't that great on PC TV  devices, and there are lots
of possibilities for interference coming in with analog coaxial to the
video card.

I use a All in Wonder 800XT. The picture quality is so much better coming
from the Cox Digital Cable Box through  Line IN, that I rarely record from
the on board All in Wonder tuner anymore.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://www.freepctech.com/rode/

>Mark, did you mean that using the cable box is superior to using the TV
>plug ins?
>
>Rob

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml