Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 17:07:28 +0000
Greetings--

This may not address all of your issues, but could
serve as a starting point. While using Nero on one
of my client's computers, I noticed that one of the
check boxes in one of the 'preferences' areas said
'Shut down after burning', or words to that effect.
You may want to check your burning software preferences
to see if such a setting is enabled.

HTH,

Paul A. Shippert

--
-----------------------------------
and I'm hovering like a fly
> I have a PC which over the last few months has started to do the following:
>
> When you open either the DVD Writer or the DVD-Rom trays to load or extract a
> disc after burning or whatever, the PC "sometimes" completely switches off and
> restarts. It doesn't matter whether you use the drive button or the eject/load
> option via Explorer, it's just the same.
>
> Then, it "sometimes" comes up with the CMOS battery low (BIOS settings all back
> to default)Sometimes it keeps the settings. I can understand that perhaps the
> CMOS battery is at the end of it's life and may need replacing, but why should
> the PC switch itself off in the first place when only using the disc trays.
>
> I tend to leave the PC on all the time for access by all of the family.
>
> The system is a:
>
> Athlon AMD K7 1.6GHz Processor
> Windows XP Pro O/S
> 40Gb HDD - plenty of space left
> 512Mb RAM
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Best regards,       Pete Sowerby..........
>
> All internal connections look fine, also - nothing coming adrift.
>
>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml