From:
Vincent Winterling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 May 2005 19:46:12 -0400
If you are technically savvy enough to swap out the motherboard, my thought
would be it might be time to migrate to a new system. You could move the CPU
to a new board of your choosing, add a new case, and many of your existing
parts should probably be movable as well. The problem with the Dells is
typically under-sized power supplies. Once you get into new hardware that
approaches today's state of the art, you'll need more power, somewhere at or
above 350 watts, depending upon what you decide on. You'll also probably
want to upgrade your cooling as well.

There are plenty of build-your-own tutorials on the web and there is much
assistance that can be had on this list.

Vince Winterling
Vineland, NJ