From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 11:39:38 -0800
On 15 Oct 98 at 22:47, Feidia wrote:

> Please help.  I have a 28.8 US Robtics Sportster Vi external modem
> with a manual and driver.  My computer dectects it as a standard
> modem.  It fails to initiate a call. All one can hear is one click
> as it attempts to initiate a call.  I notice that only the AA
> indicator is on.
>
> Can someone who is familiar with this modem please tell me which
> registers I need to set.  Can this modem take AT command.  I
> desprately need this modem.

  The "AA" light indicates that this modem believes you want it to
answer incoming calls, which sounds like it is probably incorrect.

  Much of the stuff at

http://www.dazza.ndirect.co.uk/sportster_modem_drivers.htm

doesn't apply to you, but look carefully -- if your Sportster is
detected as a "Standard modem", you don't have the Sportster drivers
installed, and you probably should fix that first.

David G

                                  -----