From:
David Olds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 10:36:22 -0500
This is a generalization of some things I have encountered or read.....VIA
chipsets have a decent history of performance, especially recent super seven
boards. The one thing that seems to stand out recently is that you have to
install drivers from VIA to get the bus mastering and AGP slots working
correctly. The BX is a no-brainer for set-up and a great performer, when it
comes to Pentium II, the BX is just "it", I would never use or recommend
anything else for myself or my customers. Granted this is an opinion, based
on reading and personal usage....Again, I would always recommend to visit
www.anandtech.com or www.tomshardware.com , these sites have extensive
reviews, I would expect any motherboard worth considering would be reviewed
on these sites. I use them to choose my boards.

David Olds