From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 May 2004 10:42:16 -0700
  The physical location of the Ap is probably not as important as the
location, shape/type, and, for some types, the *orientation* of the
antenna(e).  Any given configuration will tend to radiate signal in a
particular pattern, and you want to find one that provides the best coverage
over the area where you want to be able to use it (and, ideally, not where
passing strangers can abuse it).

  Unless "average" signal strngth is reducing the bandwidth available to
your wireless clients, changing this isn't going to make much difference.

David Gillett