From:
Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 22:45:49 -0400
When I first got a CD Burner I Didn't place the Drives on the same IDE
Controller.  I had one
slaved to my hard drive on one controller and the burner by itself (if i
could help it) on the
other controller.  My Current Configuration since I upgrade my Mobo, is of
course having the HD
on the UDMA 66 Controller.  I have my burner on one IDE controller by
itself, and the CDROM drive on
the other Controller by itself.  This arragement is perfect 95% of the time.
Sometimes I just get
a CD that simply will not burn.  Either of Copy Protection or just its a
game with DATA
on track 1 and music on the other tracks, Seems as though Nero and Adaptec
do not like this at all, and
causes serious buffer underrunns.

--Patrick Black
Certified CCNA