From:
Dennis Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 18:30:48 -0500
Shawn,

I had this same problem. Someone brought their computer to me to put a modem
in. He just brought the box since I have extra keyboards, mice, etc. It
worked fine at my place but when he got it home and tried connecting, it
wouldn't connect. After much head scratching, I found out that he has a
serial mouse and I used a ps/2 mouse at my place. There was no conflict with
the ps/2 mouse, but when he used his serial mouse, there was a com port
conflict with the modem. I did some com port switching and the problem was
resolved.

Hope this helps.

Dennis Thiel