Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 10:23:02 +1000
Mark Rode wrote:

> A few months ago i had an extra 128 P 100 DIMM so I plugged it into this PC
> increasing RAM to 256 megs. This is a Abit BE6 revision 2 with a Celeron
> 366 > 541. This is my game PC and has a TNT2 ULTRA in it. I have noticed no
> difference between 128 to 256....no difference at all.

Your CPU and graphics is the bottleneck. You should see better result to change
a better graphics (Geforce DDR or wait for Geforce2 GTS) or a faster Celeron.

> The long held rule in computing is that you can never have too much RAM.
> However, I have come to the conclusion that unless you are doing video
> editing, you have a busy server, are a data base developer, CAD or Graphic
> professional who routinely loads huge 128 meg plus graphic files or have
> some other kind of serious professional scientific or engineering use then
> adding RAM above 128 is probably superfluous.

Agree. If you use win2000, it would be an exception, win2k requires at least 64M
RAM to start work (in real life task), 128M would be a standard number, and 256
is a good number.

Jun Qian