From:
"L. Hooper" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 20:45:36 -0600
Steve Face wrote:
> Just had Dell computers installed at work. Everyone who got the new
> computers noticed two horizontal lines on the 17" monitors. They appear
> light gray and about a pixel in width, one near the top and the other near
> the bottom. The lines are very annoying as they look just like page breaks
> SysAdmin reports that (1) this is normal for the Trinitron monitor, or (2)
> it is a known defect that Sony may or may not correct.

This is a "feature" of trinitron monitors. The lines are the shadows of
two wires in the tube that are used as beam accelerators or something.
They are not defective. If it annoys too much get other monitors. I've
heard that trinitrons are excellent except for the lines.

Larry

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html