From:
John O Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 18:05:28 -0400
The UPS simply turns the power back on to your computer as soon as power
is restored to it (assuming of course, that power was not restored before
the batteries ran low enough that the UPS initiated a shutdown,
otherwise, the UPS simply switches back from battery power to line
power).  This does mean that the computer has to be setup to boot itself
when power is applied to the power supply.

This shouldn't be a problem, however, since all the CMOS setups I've
dealt with on ATX mobo's have some kind of setting in the Power
Management setup to allow this.  Usually it's called "Last State"
(meaning use whatever the last state of the PC was when power was lost:
if it was already turned off, then stay off, but if it was still on, then
turn on).

-JOWj.

"The Pledge of Allegiance says, 'With liberty and justice for ALL.'  What
part of ALL do you not understand?" - Rep. Pat Schroder.