Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2007 09:32:36 -0500
My desktop lcd was acting up....with intermittent small
lines.   Also, at times it just wouldn't display right.   Ex:   Start
button would suddenly end up on upper left.    Turned out to be the
video driver was corrupt.     Once the new driver was installed,
everything was ok.   Might be worth a try.

Sue Na

At 06:49 AM 7/4/2007, you wrote:
>I have a dell c840 running 512mb ram. windows xp pro. It has an
>nvidia 4 440 go video card. all of a sudden my screen now has
>verticle lines all across the screen. at times they flicker
>randomly. when the laptop is "jiggled" the lines move with it.
>sometimes the lines will clear up in sectors with movement of the
>mouse, (kind of like an "etch-a-sketch". at times the screen will
>load up windows and be clear until the laptop is moved. I have been
>told by a repairman, that I will need to send the laptop in to dell
>for a new lcd screen. another person said it was my ribbon to the
>lcd, and yet another says my video card is shot. any help would be
>greatly appreciated.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com