From:
Patty Carson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 09:59:17 -0500
I recently got a CMOS checksum error when booting, and the clock would not
hold the date and time.  I also was no longer able to use the modem (the
modem definition got removed from the modem options somehow).  The computer
"froze up" when I tried adding a modem.  Because of the clock problem, the
first thing I did was replace the battery.  This did not help. I was
temporarily able to eliminate the CMOS Checksum error message; but I still
get the I/O conflict error.  I still can't add the modem.   I went into CMOS
settings and set the settings to default.  This did not change anything.
Can you please give me a hint where to go, and what to change.  I think the
problem occurred because our four-year-old went crazy with the clicking of
the mouse and made some setting changes somewhere.

Patty Carson
Erie Custom Computer Applications, Inc. (ECCA)
1600 Peninsula Drive
Erie PA 16505
Voice: (814) 835-2222
Fax: (814) 838-5099
Email: [log in to unmask]

---------This electronic communication transmission contains information
belonging to Erie Custom Computer Applications, Inc. which may be
privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
The information is intended only for the use of the addressee named above.
disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of the contents of this
electronic communication information is strictly prohibited. If you received
this electronic communication in error, please notify me immediately by
telephone at (814)835-2222 (collect) so that we can arrange for the
retrieval of this information.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>