Date:
Mon, 24 May 2004 08:53:02 -0400
Hi Adam

I built a Athlon 64, it is fast. It is not stable yet. I am having a problem with
sporadic reboots. I am not getting much  help yet. I am going to attempt
installing it as a standard PC, no ACPI. When I receive my new hard drive and
I have time. This worked on another unit 2 or 3 years ago. It was also a FIC
mainboard. FIC support just told me it was a beta mainboard. I did not know
this before I purchased it. I don't think many 64 bit software is release yet.
That when Athlon 64 will really pick up steam, in my opinion.

Good Luck
Richard F. Bolha

On 22 May 2004 at 2:30, Adam Favre wrote:

> Greetings all.  I am delving into the world of "build your own" pc's.  I have been looking at processors at Newegg.com.  Since my focus is gaming, my understanding is that AMD may be the way to go.
> My question: Should I go Athlon 64 or some other route?  This will be a project machine that I will be jacking around with alot.  I want to try overclocking.  I want to play games.  I want the frame rates to be decent to smoking on new and newer games (Far Cry, UT 2004, Doom 3).
> I know you ALL have much more experience than I.  Any suggestions or advice?  I have been reading a TON of stuff, but nothing is ever very clear.
> Thank you for your guidance and instruction here.  I am learnign alot.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml