From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 2009 01:47:48 -0400
You did answer this. How can it be that you don't get your own posts?
Actually, this is very simple, and a quick test will show you how easy it is.
Rt-click the My Docs Folder/Properties/Move.
Select the new location, don't select the move option.
Open an app and save to My Docs. The new location will be used.
Reverse this process to change the location back to the original.
You can do the same with Tweakui.

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 5:49 PM, Computer9f<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I thought I had posted to answer this, Vital, but I don't receive my own posts, so I can't tell for sure.  You are exactly right, there are internal pointers to My Documents that will NOT be maintained unless you relocate the folder in a particular way (applications will not "know" the new location "automatically" - they depend on pointers maintained within Windows).  If you want to email me privately, I'll send you the post again with the step-by-step instructions.  I know for certain this method works correctly to maintain all of the internal links and pointers to My Documents that both the Windows OS and other applications depend on.   Otherwise, what you have is just a folder that happens to be named "My Documents," but it is not THE Windows's special folder "My Documents."    [log in to unmask]           --AnnaSummers

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com