From:
David Farrington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 14:36:38 -1000
I have and use the BEFW11S4 and the WPC11 for my laptop. I have the slow
version (11mb). Anyway I have my system with four computers on the
BEFW11S4 and use the WPC11 for my laptop all going out through my local
cable modem. In my shop while testing and upgrading folk's computers I
install the Linksys  WMP11 for wireless connection. Works great.

Terrence Nolley wrote:

>...I plan to setup a small peer to peer network (3 workstations
>and 1 laptop) for a client in the near future.  The 3 workstations would
>be tied into a Linksys Cable/DSL Router with a built in 4port switch.
>The customer already has a Cable modem "in place" through the local
>company.  At the request of the customer, the laptop should have
>Internet access via wireless device.  I was thinking about using the
>Linksys Etherfast Wireless AP+Cable/DSL Router with 4-Port Switch -
>Model BEFW11S4 or the Linksys WAP11 Instant Wireless Network Access
>Point Model#: WAP11   for the Laptop access.  Could either device work
>with the Ethernet router/switch I mention earlier in this message?  And
>also, would it best use a USB wireless network adaptor or PC card for
>the NIC of the laptop?  Any recommendations I would appreciate.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml