From:
Uncle Richard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 15:18:25 +1200
Two weeks back I asked you good folk about my new XP box freezing.  I'd like
to thank those who replied. Unfortunately I am writing this on my new
machine and cannot thank you personally by name - my apologies. One person
gave me concise instruction on reinstalling XP. Where followed these
intructions, and they worked.

Subsequently. we I experineced a malfunction with my floopy drive. It
could/would not read the disks. I assumed that it was either a faulty or
incorrectly placed cable. It proved to be neither.

After changing both the cable and the floppy drive we (the box was still
under warranty so I let the tech do all the work) could still not get any
disks read. In the end in appears that it was either the position or the
angle of the drive in the case. Once we had position the drive correctly it
worked perfectly.It took us over three hours to fortuiously reached this
solution.

Has anyone else struck this peculiar problem? Can anyone explain what
exactly is happening here?

Thanks again for all your good advice.

Richard Innes
Auckland New Zealand