From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 00:22:22 -0700
On 5 Jun 2002, at 22:53, Andy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Recently my brother put together a pc it works fine except that
> when ever I touch the ATX cover (outside not inside) I keep
> getting little electric shocks. Is there some way to stop this.
>
> Thanks
> Andy

  My very first PC had a problem with static electricity -- which on
that hardware would wipe out the hard drive, requiring a reformat and
reinstall....
  We tried everything we could think of to protect it -- wrist
straps, floor mats, etc.  What actually *worked* was to make sure
that the third prong of the power cord was connected all the way to a
properly-grounded wall socket.  Initially, one of the extension cords
that was used had only two conductors.

Dave Gillett

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com